FAMILIES THAT ARE "IN" = 30
What is the "I'm In Challenge"?
"I'm In" is all about making the decision to intentionally give back to God what is already His. The challenge is this - to commit to tithing 10% of your income to the Church. Our goal is to have 100 new tithers join the challenge.
"If you cannot live off 90% of your income, then you cannot live off 100%. It does not require a miracle for you to get through the month. I think that if you sit down and look at your budget, you will see that you can make it while giving at least 10%. Read the Bible and take from it what you will, and if you tithe, do it out of love for God, not guilt." - Dave Ramsey
How do I join?
Joining is simple!
· Talk and pray with your family about giving back to the church
· Commit to tithing
· Tell us why (give us a one sentence reason why you've decided to tithe)
What if I want to tithe, but I'm worried?
Let the Lord give you a release from the fear of financial failure..."Dear God, I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love. I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith. I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life. I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide. I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state. I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life. I pray that I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed. And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world. Thank you, God. Amen."
Does God want me to be poor?
The truth is that God wants you to prosper financially. He has literally promised to open the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing..."Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the first fruits of all your increase; So your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine."
God doesn't want you to be left empty. His desire is to make you full.
How does tithing help my finances?
When you give the tithe first, get ready for a pleasant surprise. It will amaze you when you see what God does for the ninety percent you have left. It will go farther than the original one hundred percent would have gone.
What people are saying
- I'm in...because we have come to know that we can never outdo the Lord in generosity...so if He asks us for 10%, then we will give Him back His 10%.
- I'm in...because that's what it means to trust in God
- I'm in...because it's the right thing to do
- I'm in...because I believe in the mission of the Church
- I'm in... because "Jesus!"
- I’m in...because I love Jesus and He knows what is best for me!
- I’m in...because our Lord is so generous
- I’m in....because God is calling me to be courageous
- I’m in...because that’s what Dad taught me to do.
- I’m in...because I trust in God’s plan for my life.
- I'm in...because this is what Catholics do.
- I’m in...because Putting God first is the answer to getting our family back in order
- I’m in... because I’m broken, I want to remain faithful, I want to live in full abundance, and God and I are to only ones here to make this decision
- I’m in... because it’s the proper thing to do.
- I’m in... because our adopted tribe of Malchizedek prescribes it.
- I’m in... because you asked.
- I’m in... because I feel God’s call.
- I feel that nudge from God saying "if you really want to be a true servant of mine", this is a commitment you need to make.
- I’m in…because I trust in God, and I believe that He will take care of my family and me.
- I'm in...because I've learned that I cannot out give God. Everything I give is returned tenfold!
- I'm In...because it's who I want to be. It's what I want to be.
- I'm in...because why not?
- I'm in because...you asked, it's the right thing to do, and we've been so fortunate.
- I'm in because...this church has done more than we could ever hope for us, so we are giving back.
- I’m in because…”For from Him and through Him and for Him are all things. To Him be glory forever. Amen.”
- I’m in because…everything comes from God, so when He asks us to tithe we remember our blessings.
- I’m in because…the Lord said to tithe.
- I’m in because…I can now.
- I’m in because…God has blessed us and our finances…and it’s worth every penny.
- I’m in because…Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.