To our Amazing Parish,
Being All In
For the last several weeks, we have been reflecting on what it means to be “All In”. We heard Jesus telling us that if we do not love God more than everything else, we cannot be His disciple. Last week we heard about being all-out like the prodigal son’s brother, who refused to join the celebration. And now this week, we hear that we cannot serve two masters—God or money [called mammon].
All of these weeks have led us to this definitive challenge—God is calling us to tithe, which is giving back to God the first 10% of our income.
The 4 P’s of Tithing
The four rules of tithing are these:
· It must be a Priority—it comes first, not what we have left over.
· It must be Planned—not random or based on how we feel about it.
· It must be a Percentage—a set andmeasurable amount.
· It must be Progressive—it grows, and does not stay stagnant.
Our goal is to have 100 families tithing in 100 days. Do you know what is in 100 days? Christmas...we want to make this our gift to Jesus that we lay in the manger.
How to Join
Joining is simple.
1. Talk and pray with your family about giving back to the church.
2. Make a commitment
3. Talk with Father Steve
4. Tell us why you have made this choice
God Bless you as you continue journeying!
Holy Redeemer Ministry Team: Fr. Steve Anderson, Deacon Ken Preiss, Paul Schlegelmilch, Daniel Schmit, Raffy Urgino, Emily Arthur.