Your Faith Journey
We all have a unique journey, a particular path that God has laid out just for you. No journey is identical to another, but we all have the same call - to be disciples of Christ, and the same destination - eternal life with God. The key to your faith is continual formation, and that means working on your relationship with God and His Church. Like any relationship, if it is not nurtured, it will stagnate and eventually die. Come and explore adult formation; it's a journey we can all take together...you don't have to travel alone.
Why Adult Formation?
Why is religious education for adults so important? To answer this, we must realize that all baptized Christians, whether Catholic or non-Catholic, are called to be disciples of Jesus Christ. Discipleship is a lifelong faith journey; it doesn’t end when we reach adulthood...Adult faith formation gives us the opportunity to learn about Catholic faith from an adult perspective which, in turn, helps us integrate our life experience with the religious education we received as children. Ultimately, it helps us to grow in our faith and prepares us for our mission of evangelization.
Small groups are so important for growing in love, building connections, and strengthening our faith life. Click below to learn more or to join!
Book / DVD Library
We have a number of resources for you and your small group. These resources are available for you to borrow. Contact Emily Arthur for more information on using these resources.
I want to use one of the resources!
Looking for some inspirational content for you? Your family? Your small group?...follow the link!
Telling Your Story
Want to tell your story, but don't know how to start? Follow this framework and build your story.
1. What was your life like before you trusted Jesus Christ?
- What were your attitudes, needs and problems?
- What did your life revolve around? What was most important to you?
- Where did you look for security, peace of mind, and happiness?
2. How did you come to accept Jesus and give Him complete control of your life?
- When did you first hear the gospel? When were you first exposed to dynamic Christianity?
- What were your initial reactions to Jesus Christ?
- When and why did you begin to feel positively about Christianity?
- What was the turning point in your attitude?
- What feelings did you struggle with right before your decision?
3. What happened after you trusted Christ?
- What changes did you see in your life? In your attitudes? In your actions?
- How long did it take before you noticed any changes?
- What does Jesus Christ mean to you now?
Adult Faith Formation, RCIA, and Communication